We're looking to fill a part-time front desk / social media management position immediately. If you have previous experience in retail, design, photography, or social media management and would like to join an unrivaled team with incredible growth potential, please apply at: https://tinyurl.com/3rdstreetapply
3rd Street Boxing Gym is home to many aspiring amateurs and local professionals. With its family atmosphere and an instructional system designed to teach boxing to the masses, the Gym has also become home to a growing number of people who recognize the unparalleled benefits of a boxer’s workout. You might find school teachers, mothers, stockbrokers, dentists, artists, and lawyers in attendance at one of our expertly guided classes. 3rd Street Boxing Gym growing fast and is actively looking for new team members to help take the Gym to the next level - adding classes and instructors, addressing growing pains, and seeing through renovations.
The 3rd Street Boxing Gym Front Desk Staff / Social Media Manager has responsibilities in three primary areas: the customer experience; new client sales / promotion communications; and cultivating the gym’s social media presence. They are a natural at problem solving and enjoy working independently to address day to day issues. An outwardly positive, confident, and friendly personality is a must. This is a great opportunity for individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Customer Experience: The overall customer experience from the moment they walk in the door - we expect you to take personal ownership of how they are greeted, their enjoyment of their workout or class, and their perception of the tidiness and cleanliness of the Gym.
- New Client Sales / Promotion Communication The Gym is membership-based and growth of the Gym comes primarily from new client sales. Welcoming potential new clients, clearly explaining our offerings, and following up with them after a visit is key to this growth.
- Social Media Management: Promote our service, staff, events and more through the use of various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Yelp, etc. Cultivate a responsive community through continued interaction with clients on a daily basis.
- Work independently and efficiently, with regular meetings with the customer service manager to communicate progress on initiatives and any issues.
- Actively engage in social media outlets, posting on behalf of the Gym and working with other staff to post appropriate material on a regular basis.
- Follow up with clients who are in arrears or who have not renewed to determine any change in status and try to maintain as members in good standing.
- Listen to and help resolve conflicts with customers. Find the root cause of issues, and communicate clearly and in a friendly way to solve the issue and keep the customer happy.
- Computer literate - Familiar with use of Google products (email, sheets, docs), Yelp and other common web-based platforms.
- Communication Skills - Able to clearly communicate in verbal and written communication, keeping it professional and courteous at all times.
- Patience with customers and other staff to remain polite, even in stressful situations.
- Punctual and reliable - on-time to every shift, every time, leaving enough time to get the gym ready for clients and classes.
If you believe that you are the right fit for this position, please apply with resume and you may also provide links to any of your current social media profiles to demonstrate proficiency (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter).
Hours vary depending on availability
$13 - $16 / hr DOE
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $16.00 /hour
- San Francisco, CA
- High school or equivalent